Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Can I Get a Ride?


Back again today!  Can you believe it!?!  I'm on a roll. :). Today I thought I'd share a birthday card I made to sell at work, or Etsy, or use when I forget to have a card ready.  Oh but that NEVER happens to any of us right?  We all ALWAYS have the right card, for the right person, ready well in advance huh. *wink, wink*

This also seemed like a good day to share a flower birthday card because today would have been my mom's 66th birthday.  She loved flowers and I like to think she would have loved this card too. :)

I know the layout for this card was inspired by one that I saw either hopping blogs, or on Pinterest, but at this particular moment I cannot remember which!  I had a bunch of these pieces left from other experiments (read cards that looked yucky so I bagged before gluing) and grabbed them to create this fun birthday ride through the flowers. :)

 
The image and circle dies are from PTI, the flower ppr (I believe) is Crate Paper, the scalloped paper and card base are MB, the leaves are MFT dies and scrap paper, the ribbon I dyed myself, and the cutie-patootie button was a gift. 
 
My soapbox message to you today.  If you still have the pleasure of your mom, call her today and tell her how much you love her.  You just never know when you will lose you chance.
 
I am hopping into this pickup truck to party here:
Catered Crop- Summer Lovin' (for us it is all about birthdays- at least one a week until Sept!)
Cas-ual Fridays- Summer Lovin'
Ladybug Crafts- Summer Flowers
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Love the embellishments with the sunny dyed ribbon! You are so right about the mom thing. I miss my momma everyday. She was a creative spirit so I always feel close to her when I am creating. I am sure your mom would love this card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! What a nice tribute to your mom on what would have been her birthday! Love the bold colours and summery feeling! Am I missing the hearts (that was part of Summer Lovin')? Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! I like the little truck image! Thanks so much for playing along with the Summer Lovin' Challenge with summer colors and hearts at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I am so glad I NEVER forget to make a card!!! This is such a pretty card and I love the truck image paired with the flowers-a perfect tribute to Mom's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love how you have showcased the image. Love the flowers. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!